Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our Christmas Tree

Grandma Suzanne arrived for a visit on Thursday December 9!! On Saturday, we piled into 2 cars to pick out our Christmas Tree. Grandma Suzanne is quite petite so if we couldn't fit her in between our car seats, we have no hope of fitting any other adult ever! Not that the situation comes up all that often, but it's kind of annoying. Anyway...since we're not in the market for a new vehicle, we took 2 cars.



I HAD to put this outfit on Jacob even though it was a bit large at the time. It was so festive and elf-y. I'm sure he will hate me for this for the rest of this life.



This picture made our Christmas card this year and is truly one of my favorites. Jacob seems to be willing Ethan to get him the heck out of there.




I found this bench and turned it around to try and get some decent family photos. I hate to say "unfortunately" when referring to the sun in wintertime, but it really did mess up the photo scenes.












The tree we picked was short and stout. It took up a lot of space in our living room but was beautiful! We loved it, but I didn't get any pictures of the final product.

Jacob was exhausted from our big trip to the farm.

Ethan and Grandma had fun checking out all of our ornaments. So many of them have a memory for us and we all have our favorites.

As suspected, we had a bit of trouble with ornament distribution. Luckily, Ethan was receptive to relocating some of the heavier ornaments and let me move them.

The wreath on the "window" in our kitchen and a sweet sleepy baby relaxing while we cooked.

That night, Steve, Jacob and I went to the Kazak Holiday Party. Our second time out in less than a month from Jacob's birth! That was huge for us and especially me. I was terrified to leave the house with Ethan for anything more than a walk with Katie and Caleb for the longest time. We've been much more comfortable with baby #2.

No comments: