Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Birthday Weekend

The Friday after Thanksgiving Grandma Jan and Chris came over and Steve cooked up a great ham dinner for us. Saturday was my birthday and Jamie, Matt and Emma joined in on the fun!


I completely screwed up how much meat we needed for our roast beef dinner. Somehow I thought we needed 1.5 lbs/person instead of .5 lbs/person so Steve had to have the butcher cut a special 12 pound roast! We still have half in our freezer for next time...

Great Aunt Linda and Great Aunt Barbie came to visit in the afternoon to see all 3 Great Niece and Nephews at once!


We tried and tried to get a decent picture of the various family units assembled, but it was a fiasco! Here are some of the better ones...believe it or not.







The next 3 pictures are the best. Ethan loves to eat sugar. Every time we bake he is reminded that it's an ingredient but he still manages to get me to give him a taste of it every time. Lately when he's going to do something he knows is bad he'll say to us "close your eyes! don't look at me!". One of those things is sticking his fingers in the sugar bowl if I'm foolish enough to leave it out after my morning coffee. Well here he is in a a room full of grown ups getting away with eating out of the sugar bowl, and looking quite pleased about it.








Sunday was my birthday so we had birthday cake after dinner. Ethan and I had fun licking the candles.



I'm not sure exactly when this picture is from, but Jacob was still such a little mush! He loves a good snuggle.


No comments: