The Schoenholtz boys clean up pretty well!
Ethan's was quite curious about the fully little hats.
You can tell he's still got that little man swagger. He's very confident!
Having him walk with Steve was a much better arrangement then trying to get him to walk by himself. He did a great job! I wish my video had come out better. I got distracted by the people sitting next to me as you can hear. At least I got a picture of the pillow hand off...very official.
I love that they both had their parents walk them down the aisle and the bridesmaids all looked amazing.
It was a beautiful place to be married. Suzanne and Alan did an amazing job on the Huppah quilt.
Ethan stayed with Steve until everybody had come down the aisle then he got down and came to sit with me. I took him with me when I stood to give a blessing and after that it was all over. Ethan was standing in the aisle pulling my hand saying "dis-a-way, dis-a-way". He wanted to go run around the park as he had during the rehearsal. To avoid any kind of scene, I went "dat-a-way" and we decided to look for pine cones.
The crowd cheering as the ceremony ended caught his attention and he was clapping for Auntie Beth and Uncle Jared.
The bridal party was whisked away for pictures on the beach so some of us Schoenholtzes hung around for a little photo session.
I have to say that this was my first experience with a child at cocktail hour. I can confirm that that children are not generally invited to weddings for a reason. He didn't make any kind of a scene, but it's hard to relax and enjoy an adult beverage while keeping a toddler entertained and wearing heels.
A picture of us with no Ethan!
It was shortly after this picture that Ethan retired for the night. Beth's friends from Florida State had hired babysitters that we were fortunate to take advantage of so we got to enjoy part of the reception as grown ups instead of parents!
Although Steve will always be a kid at heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment