Ethan did remember being there last year and our first stop was the bumper boats. This was another activity where pregnant people weren't allowed so Ethan and daddy waited in line in the hot sun while I waited to watch them have fun on a bench in the shade. Ethan could not wait to get on the boat but then held his hands over his ears because of the noise. Once he got past that, his finger went in his mouth for the remainder of the ride.
As soon as they were docked he jumped up, got out, and declared it a really fun time so I guess it wasn't so bad!
We had to force him back to the party so that we could eat dinner and get some water. It was one of those hot, hot, humid days and I was dying! E barely ate before he wanted to go off to his next adventure. Steve and his friends took him to play mini-golf while I regrouped and got up the energy to follow.
I did make it over in time to take a few pictures of Ethan's first time playing mini-golf. As you can tell by his stance, he does have some experience with croquet.
Steve, Nicole, Rob, Kelly and Darcy were very patient with their teammate as he ran around and took multiple turns per hole.
They only made it 7 holes before all lost interest and we decided to head back to enjoy our ice cream. Ethan is a chocolate man, I'm a mint lady, and Steve is an I'll try anything kind of guy. We were all loving every bite but Ethan didn't eat too much before he found out how fun it can be to stick your hands into an ice filled chest to pick out a bottle of water. He was so funny to watch. His hands were freezing and he'd hop around arms flapping trying to warm up and then he'd stick them right back in again. As I mentioned...non-stop fun at Kimball Farm.
After a turn in the bouncy house (which he thouroughly enjoyed. At one point he was all wound up and popped his head out and told me not to let anyone else come in or he would "freak out"), we headed for our last stop of the night...the batting cages.
This was a little hard to watch, but Steve set it to slow pitch softball and Ethan had such a blast! Of course we were most worried about him, but one of the first pitches came off the bat and hit Steve in the face! Steve tried to give him some space, but he liked to wander forward into the area where the pitches were coming so they played together for the most part.
We all had a great time, but I have to admit, I was so happy to go home. The heat and humidity kill me and I was exhausted by the time we left. I spent a lot of July hiding in the central air that I am so, so, so grateful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment