Saturday Mark and Bridget had some very un-kid-friendly errands to run so I offered to watch Katie. Bridget and I have often spoken of taking turns watching the munchkins because they play so well together that we'd hardly have to pay attention! In fact, when I told Ethan that Katie was coming to play with us he asked me what I was going to do. For the most part, our theory was correct, but there was more mediating required than I'd anticipated. We really did all have a lot of fun but we were all pooped! Here's a glimpse of our "play absolutely everything we possibly can" day.
Hopscotch is big with the little man. He loves it and takes it very seriously. He was telling Katie how it's done and she partially listened.
They did a lot of bubble blowing and popping.
It's almost impossible to get a picture of 2 toddlers (are they really toddlers any more?) looking and smiling together, but we tried!
We headed back inside and they got into the playdough while I got lunch ready. As much as it killed me, they really wanted to make a rainbow so we got out all the colors and they made the multicolor pile you see here.
The first thing we'd done when Katie arrived was make juice pops. The kids were really excited to eat them after lunch. The bar stools we have out on the deck were a big hit too. They're so silly together!
I have to say, it was not long after lunch that I really started to get tired. Luckily so did they so we all took naps! It was amazing. I have a ton of trouble getting Ethan to nap solo, but I put Katie in E's bed, E in my bed and I hit the guest room and we all got a nap. They both slept for 2+ hours. I felt like superwoman.
Mark and Bridget accomplished both mega-missions (pick up a camper and buy Bridget a new car!) and treated all of us to a dinner out. What a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment