Friday, August 20, 2010

The 2nd of July

Our 4th of July weekend started on Friday with Family Night in Wilmington. There was a band playing on the common and a carnival going on at the high school across the street.



We had to head straight for the carnival so that Ethan could check out the rides. He was very concerned that he would not be tall enough to ride, but he was fine for the carousel as long as he had one of us with him.



Daddy was up first.



After that, Ethan and I hit the Crazy Bus. What was crazy was that me and my belly barely fit in the thing once the safety bar was in place!



It's funny when you have those little moments when you realize just how big your little person is getting. Ethan was big enough to go on this ride by himself and he went for it with no hesitation. He knew exactly which car he wanted to ride in and didn't look back! I do think that Steve had to help him get all the way in, but he was so big and quite pleased with himself.



Next up was the caterpillar roller coaster! I was supposed to go on this one with him but it was not recommended for pregnant people so I tagged daddy in.



It's a good thing I did! Me and my belly would never have fit in that seat.



Ethan was not scared at all of it, but was a bit shaken when the ride was over. It was not part of the kiddie rides and it went pretty fast! It felt like a milestone to have his first roller coaster ride.


At that point, we were all starving so we grabbed some dinner and headed back to our blanket and chairs to eat. We didn't get very far before we ran into Timmy from school and his parents who we've seen out before. The boys were so excited to see each other and we barely got E to eat his dinner. After they played for a while, we headed back over to the carnival so the boys could hit some rides together.


After a few rides together, we decided to split up and head for our blankets before the fireworks got started. Of course we had to get dessert and the fireworks started before we got anywhere near our blanket. We sat on the lawn in front of the high school (slightly obstructed view) and ate our fried dough and cotton candy. Ethan was holding his ears the whole time because they were "too loud". The whole crowd headed out after the show was over so we hung out for a while. Ethan had gotten a new water bottle that afternoon and was very excited about it.

I'm obsessed with pictures of E carrying his backpack chair!

And of course a picture of my boys walking together. Another of my favorite shots.

This was one of the first nights I really felt the baby kick hard. I was holding my water bottle between my arm and my belly to get it open and wham! He slammed me and it really startled me! Since then, he has been a super active baby that I feel kicking and moving all the time. It's so crazy but I do love it...

No comments: