Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ethan's Holiday Concert

Today was Ethan's holiday concert at school! He has been so excited and we know that the classes have been practicing a lot so it was a big day. Ethan was really animated during the songs.  He spotted Steve and I in the audience and kept smiling and waving at us.  It was very clear that he was excited and proud...the feeling was completely mutual!

Of course he had to dress handsome for the occasion.
 
Let me orient you a bit.  Ethan is 5th from the left in the back row.  And yes, that is a woman holding an ipad in front of me.  They do take pictures and video which is great, but really, really annoying in an audience.
Now that you're oriented, here are the videos!  We were far away so it's hard to see him, but it gives you the idea.  I forget which song this was, but it's the one in which you can see him the best.

 
You can't really see Ethan in this one, but this was Steve and my favorite song.  It's in Spanish, La Navidad (?).  It's impressive that all these 5/6 year olds are in sync!
 
 
 
 
As I said, he was very excited.  I snuck up front to get a picture of him as they exit.  Parents weren't allowed back to the classrooms after the show so we just left!  I was kind of anticlimactic, but it would have been complete chaos.  There was a police detail at the door of the school along with the Principal letting the parents into the building.  It was comforting and upsetting at the same time.
 
Tomorrow is Polar Express day for the little man.  He gets to wear his PJs and bring a buddy.  He's not sure if he's going to bring Angry (his Angry Bird) or Fuzzworld (his penguin).  They will watch the movie and have special snacks...good times!
 
A few more items while I'm on here:
 
Ethan made an elf hat at school today.

I have been in an on line shopping frenzy for Christmas this year! I bought this dress for Emma and Jacob insisted he try it on. He told us that he was a princess.
 

No comments: