Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snowy Day

Last night we had our first real snowfall of the season! Wilmington got 8" of fluffy snow and we had a lot of fun in it today.  Ethan was spending the weekend with Grandma Jan and Chris, so we went out with just Jacob for a little snow fun.  He was pretty excited to be out there, but was even more excited when I shoveled a path for him from the front door to the garage.
 

He looks like he's excited to help me shovel, but I had a hard time getting his thumbs into his mittens so he wasn't really able to be very helpful.
After Ethan was home, we all went out again.  Jacob pulled the ol' "I don't want to go outside" thing until he saw Steve and Ethan outside.  Then he and I geared up and out we went!  This time it was all about sledding (which Jacob was not too excited about in our morning session).
 

I'll admit this doesn't look too safe, but Steve and I run down the driveway pulling them and then let them go into the snow in the yard.  You can see what I mean in the video.

It was a little too fluffy for full grown men to throw themselves onto a sled without a face full of snow!  And when we're down, one of the kids is required to jump on our back.  I think it's a law.
 
 
 
 
I have other video that I wanted to share, but I can't seem to get blogger to let me.  This gives you the idea of what we were up to out there!  It was practically dark by the time we came in to the house.  Both boys were pretty beat, but Jacob still kept up his bedtime antics.  Sigh...



No comments: