It's funny that I'm sitting here having just been to our town tree lighting and I'm about to tell you about our Halloween adventure. I'm a bit behind, but I'll get there! We had a pretty great Halloween this year. We did lots of trick or treating and Ethan had a blast!
On Sunday the 30th Ethan and I trick or treated at Grandpa Cliff and Louise's house and then Great Grandpa Cliff and Margaret's house! I didn't get any pictures and Jacob was too tired to join us but we had a great time.
On Monday we were planning to head home and go trick or treating in Wilmington with Tommy and his family. Unfortunately, the storm knocked out our power and they were saying we wouldn't get it back until Wednesday or Thursday! Steve had gone home Sunday night but ended up at Linda and Pauls (along with Chris, Jenny, Amy, Joanne and Grandma Peg!) because it was the day of the ever important Patriots-Steelers game and power or not, it had to be watched. I had planned to stay on the Cape until we got power back at home. So...that left us time to trick or treat at Great Grandma Nancy's too! Jamie (aka Mrs. Bartz) and Emma joined us.
 |
| Two little monkeys |
 |
| A very serious Captain Rex. |
 |
| Pretty little monkey girl |
Around 4:00, I got a text from our neighbor that we had our power back! I threw the kids in the car and we met Steve at Tommy's house for trick or treat.
 |
| The helmet that came with this costume was not only cheap but dangerous. The holes in the nose part to allow him to breathe hadn't been smoothed over at all and they cut him when he first put it on. He and Steve sanded them down but it was hard to see out of so he decided he didn't want to wear it. My black ski hat worked out just fine. |
 |
| Captain Ethan and Ninja Tommy |
 |
| We were out with quite a crew! We weren't the only ones without power so Tommy's cousins were over and came with us. This was at a neighbors house who really got int o the spirit of the holiday. |
 |
| Our little monkey strapped into his stroller |
 |
| The stroller didn't last very long! The goldfish were the only way I got him to stay out as long as he did. |
It was so much fun to watch Ethan having so much fun. He ran from house to house with all of the kids but came back to check in with us frequently. Especially when he had just gotten another peanut butter cup. "Daddy, I got another one of your favorites!". His favorite candy this year was kit kat. He still has candy left over a month later! Not a bad haul...
No comments:
Post a Comment