Friday, December 30, 2011

Bum Genius 4.0

Over the summer, before I went back to work, I decided to give cloth diapering a try.  I've been making small changes in our home to reduce the amount of waste we're producing but this was a big change to take on!  I started with 6 of the Bum Genius 4.0 diapers that were recommended by Katie.  She's been using cloth with all of her 3 kids and was my inspiration for giving this a shot.  It's really nothing like you're thinking.  It's actually not bad at all if you have/take/make the time to care for them properly.  That's where my experiment fell apart.  I couldn't find the energy to make this work for me all the time but I was regularly rotating them through on a weekly basis and at least felt like I was making an effort.  They fell by the wayside for a few months but since they're adjustable, I got them out again and had to take a few pictures.  They are seriously adorable!  It helps that he is too, but I love the colors.  It's time to get them back in the rotation.



No comments: