Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Party for Great Grandma Peg

Great Grandma Peg ventured north for a 2 week visit this year! Linda brought her to our house on Friday October 15th and she, Ethan and I drove to the Cape for a long weekend. We spent most of Friday with Grandma Jan and then E and I went over to Grandpa Cliff's for the night. Steve stayed home Friday night to get he baby's room painted...what a good daddy!

Saturday night was the party at GJ's house. Ethan and I got all dolled up at GC's and Steve drove down and met us over there. It was a great time with lots of her friends from the area and some of us family members too.




Ethan made a great bartender. He was hilarious actually. He kept filling people up from his gas tank, at one point he demanded we all line up to pay him and then he told everyone to drink their drinks as fast as they could. He was the hit of the party.



However, he did not nap that day and before the party was over he was pooped! I tried to catch this sweet moment between Great Grandma and Great Grandson but I was a little too far away.


Have I mentioned he swears that when he's a big brother he's going to stop sucking his finger?



Since we were all dressed decently and showered at the same time, I wanted to try to get a family picture. Unfortunately we waited way too long and Ethan was not interested in cooperating. Jamie took 20 or so pictures and maybe 1 or 2 might be xmas card worthy.


GGP, GJ and AJ all bought gifts for Baby Boy #2 so after the guests had left we had lots to open! Ethan was more than happy to help and we tried again to get a family photo, but he was on to us and still not cooperating.


At least Steve and I still know how to cooperate!


It was a really great weekend and I got to spend lots of time with my Grandma for which I was grateful. And I got to stay an extra night after the boys left so I got some alone time too! As soon as they left I took my book and a chair to the beach for an hour. It was chilly but sunny and it was awesome! After that, Louise and I headed to the Carter's and Osh Kosh outlets so that I could get some things for the boys. We lost all of Ethan's 0-6 month clothing to mildew in the basement so some replacements were required. Friends have been generous with lending us clothing, so we're all set but it was such a bummer to throw away so many of E's cute clothes!
Monday morning I met Alicia and JR at the mall and then got a mani/pedi before picking up my Grandma to head back to Linda's. Not a bad way to start my maternity leave! Thursday October 14th was my last day of work until June 1, 2011! I'm hoping to stay out longer than that, but we'll see how things are going.

No comments: