Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Before we get to Halloween, Ethan had a checkup with Dr Mickey his dentist the week before. Dr Mickey has an amazing pediatric practice and Ethan LOVES it! He probably loves all of the presents he gets when he goes there (new toothbrush, floss, chap stick...) the most, but I'm amazed at how he lets them move the chair all around and does whatever they ask him to do. I snapped this one of him selected his stickers for being such a good patient. He is so proud...



After the dentist we went and played at Caleb's house and he fell asleep on our way home. It cracks me up how he sits in this car seat. It's like he's in an easy chair the way he crosses his legs or swings one over the arm rest.



The Friday of Halloween, I raked Ethan a sad little leaf pile to jump in. The pile was sad not only because I was 38 weeks pregnant, but there hadn't been too many leaves to fall at that point. He still had fun and I thought it might induce labor for me...how wrong I was.







He hadn't napped (he hardly does anymore and still needs to in order to be any kind of fun in the late afternoon/evening) and we had a hard time agreeing on much this particular afternoon. He wanted to go for a walk in his stroller, but his stroller was behind all of the stuff we had to take out of the shed to do the never ending landscaping job. Then he saw his backpack and said he wanted to go in that. I can't even tell you the last time we had him in that thing! Even without being pregnant there was no way I was hauling him in that thing. Then he wanted his red stroller and I told him he was too big for it. Well that was it. He started wailing that he wasn't too big and then I realized that all he's been hearing lately is what a big boy he is and how he's going to be a big brother, etc, etc. I took pity on him (after checking the weight limit on this thing) and took him for a walk in his red stroller. Just look at his face in this picture.



On Saturday we finally went to pick out our pumpkins. Back to Boston Hill Farm we went and we were finally able to take a hayride! It was a beautiful day and the ride was so relaxing. We all enjoyed it and Ethan almost fell asleep on my lap.





He really wanted to help me get all of the seed out of the pumpkins, but we never got around to carving them. It worked out though. I roasted the seeds with 2 different recipes and they came out great! Then I used the pulp to make muffins and those came out great too. I love my baking days.




Since we don't live in our own neighborhood, we went over to the Krangle's and borrowed theirs. After a delicious pizza dinner, the kids and dads set out for some trick or treating. Ethan had been insisting on being a dinosaur again but always refused to wear the costume. Katie was planning to be a pony, but when she heard that E was going to be a dinosaur, she changed her mind and wanted to wear her dinosaur costume too. Unfortunately, it's a size 2-3 so as you can see it was a bit too small but they did look adorable. Ethan humored us by wearing the whole costume for a few pictures, but then insisted it come off for trick or treat. He told me it was heavy on his shoulders...who knows!





This is what Ethan actually wore out trick or treating.


The kids had a great time and got lots of candy. They were out for almost 1.5 hours! Ethan kept his hood and hands on the whole time and was quite warm when he got home despite the 40ish degrees and wind they were out in. I was happy sitting on the couch while Bridget had to keep getting up to answer the door. Oh the luxury of being 38+ weeks pregnant.

No comments: