Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to Daddy

Ethan has been a huge daddy's boy these past few months and was very serious about throwing him a good birthday party. The 13th was a Wednesday this year so Tuesday night Ethan helped me bake the cake so that on Wednesday we just had to decorate it. We went with the Boston Cream as it is daddy's favorite and got out all of our decorations from various other baking projects. Ethan didn't really get the sprinkle around concept so the sprinkles were rather concentrated. He also had trouble working the store bought icing decorators (as did I actually!) but he gave me instructions and did manage to help a little. It really showed his dedication that he stuck with these projects on school nights. It is very seldom that we can get this kid to deviate from his school day routine without a fight.




He was in charge of candles as well and put them all in a line across the cake.




This was Ethan's gift to his daddy. I will admit that I picked it out, but I was pretty sure I knew what he would have picked. They do love lego projects together and Ethan has been super into Star Wars as I've mentioned. He projects his interests onto others which is hilarious to hear him do. "I think daddy would like Star Wars Legos for his birthday" or "I think Auntie Jamie would like a car for her birthday".

He did also get an ipod touch to replace his broken mp3 from many birthday's ago. We skyped with GS and PP so that we could all sing to the birthday boy. It was a really nice night...happy birthday my love!

No comments: