Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pumpkin Picking

I can't believe it has been a month since I last updated this blog! That is so unlike me. I have a lot of catching up to do so let's go back to just before Halloween and I'll tell you what's been going on. We had a really wonderful fall with great weather and lots of walks and a couple of visits to Smolak Farm. However, we somehow managed to nearly miss getting our pumpkins! The Sunday before Halloween I was on a mission to take Ethan pumpkin picking. Of course he took a late nap and when he woke up at 4:15 I quickly changed him, snacked him and threw him in the car. I was worried that they closed at 5, but when we got there there was a band playing and they were wrapping up a festival of sorts. We went to Boston Hill Farm in North Andover and the little man had a blast. I was surprised that this giant pumpkin tower didn't scare E at all. He is very skeptical of such things.



He wanted to test his strength but it took all of his strength to pick up the hammer so we left it at that.


He had fun running around checking out all of the cool props. Here he is saying "wow, big pumpkin".



There were pumpkins of all sizes to pick from but we managed to keep our total to 6.





He picked this cone up all by himself and used it as a hat. It was funnier when it was all the way over his head and he couldn't see where he was going but I was laughing too hard at that point to capture it.



He's holding his pant leg in this picture because it's wet from him splashing in a muddy puddle moments before.



I'll find some time in the next few days to post some Halloween pics. Goodnight for now!

No comments: