Sunday, November 30, 2008

The first week of November

Saturday November 1st Ethan and I headed to the Cape for Alicia's baby shower and a 2nd birthday party. Carina and I did not coordinate our oufits, but we were joking about hosting our own version of Coffee Talk.



After the shower I picked up GJ and Ethan and we went to my friend Lisa's house for her son Tyler's 2nd birthday. Unfortunately, Ethan fell asleep in the car and after 45 minutes I went and woke him up and he was not cool with that at all. He would not get off my lap for the longest time. Both of the boys were pumpkins and we were hoping to dress them up together but I did not even attempt to put the costume on E.

Saturday night I called home to check in with Steve who'd stayed home to work on some projects sans munchkin. He said that his projects had gotten delayed because he'd had an accident with the table saw. My first thought was "my god, what are you missing". Turns out the blade caught the blade guard and flipped it up into his face. It knocked his glasses off and split his forehead open. He did not seek medical attention until I called and said "should you see a Dr" to which his response was "if you were here you'd make me go to the Dr" so off he went to Urgent Care at 7:30 on a Saturday night. They gave him 5 stiches. Here is a picture of us from FL (I'm getting to the whole family trip for Beth and Jared's wedding...) with a nice close up of his stitches (yes, we were both out without Ethan!).



On Sunday, we went trick or treating at Grandpa Cliff's house. Ethan was very excited to receive smarties and so was his mom. I haven't had those things in years!







After a very fun filled few days, Ethan fell asleep holding his precious pumpkin on the way home.

No comments: