Sunday, November 30, 2008

Halloween 2008 - The year of the pumpkin

I know. It's November 30th and Halloween seems like a distant memory, but it was a good year for us so here's how it went. Ethan was supposed to be Thomas the Tank Engine and we were going to borrow the costume from friends. We finally got the costume on the Tuesday before Halloween and it was way too long for E and he would have been tripping all over it. That meant that Wednesday night, October 29th, this working mom was running all over town looking for a toddler Halloween costume worthy of my little man. It was straight out of a movie as I was running through Target only to find sock monkey or some other god awful creation and then I was on my phone calling Toys R Us and Kohl's on my way to TJ Maxx to continue my search. I did find a very cute pumpkin costume that was a big hit with Mr Man.

It didn't start out as a big hit with him as you can see by the very uncertain look on his face! We started the day by going to Stroller Strides with Katie and Caleb. Caleb was a Giraffe and the boys were very excited to see each other.



Bubble Gum Machines are still the coolest and yes those are Christmas decorations behind them. Santa was already set up at this mall on Halloween for crying out loud!








For trick or treating we met the Krangle's at the Woburn Mall. It was familiar territory for Ethan since that's where he and I go for Panera Bread on my days off and it was nice to have them in a contained warm environment. The weather turned out to be quite warm, but we were happy with our mall decision and took the kids to Pizzeria Uno when it was all over.
















The kids got lots of candy and didn't get to eat any of it! Actually, we did give Ethan some M&M's before dinner and he loved them. That was the end of our candy experiment. Steve and I ate the rest.

No comments: