Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ethan's Birthday Party

Ever since he turned 5, Ethan has been asking to have his 6th birthday at Jump On In.  Far be it for us to disappoint our first born!  So on Saturday January 12th, Ethan had his birthday party at Jump On In.  The party format takes you to two huge rooms filled with bouncy, sporty, slidey fun and then ends in the party room for pizza and cake.  The kids had a total blast!  They were crazy boys and girls the whole time.  We invited all 17 kids from his class and 7 of them came plus a few of his Wonder Years friends.  It was very cute to see them all excited to see each other and meet some new parents.
 

 
Watching the door to see who was arriving.  The poor kid couldn't wait to leave our house to get there but we ended up leaving way too early and had to wait almost 45 minutes after we got there!
 
There was very little cooperating for pictures.

Funny guy.

I may have had a bit of fun myself....

Why does he look so darn grown up in this picture!?

Emma has a bat...watch out!
 


Ethan and his buddy Cameron.  They are in the same class and on the same bus.  We've been hearing about him since day 1 of Kindergarten!



Jamie may have had a little fun too...

Pretty grandma!

Angry Birds Star Wars at the request of the birthday boy.
 
Little brother approved.

I wanted to get a picture of Ethan with his gifts and Jacob busted right in there and wouldn't move!
 
Sharing comes and goes with these two, but boy do they love each other.  It is so sweet to see how excited they are to see each other every time we visit!
The day after the party, we had Aunt Linda, Uncle Paul, Aunt Barbie, Uncle Shawn, and Cousin Heather over for brunch.  I was incredibly proud of the coffee cake I made!  It is a recipe out of my mom's Moosewood Cookbook and my goodness it is decadent.  The book claims it's one of the richest cakes on earth and I don't doubt it.  The amount of butter, sour cream and sugar in this bad boy is too ridiculous to repeat.  Yum.

 
I also made a quiche.  I kind of rocked this brunch. :)


No comments: