Christmas day itself was a bit challenging as we were all tired from all of the excitement over the few days of the weekend. Luckily we had a whole week to make up for it with lots of time together! We all got a good nights sleep on Sunday and had a really great time playing all together on Monday. On Tuesday, Steve and Ethan went to see The Muppets while Jacob and I did some shopping. Wednesday and Thursday the kids went to school so that Steve and I could get caught up on a few things around the house (like blogging as you can tell!) and Thursday night Jacob got sick! I'll spare you the details but he woke up quite ill around 3:30 and we were up for a while. We had all planned to go to the aquarium on Friday but it was clear that Jacob was not up for that trip.
After a little debate over which parent would accompany him, Ethan and I set out for the Aquarium!
Ethan loves penguins. They are by far his favorite animal. I knew that there was a penguin exhibit at the Aquarium but I didn't realize that it was kind of the focal point of the whole place! I can't tell you the last time I was there but I clearly remember the commercial for it ("I can walk like a penguin" followed by a plug for the MoS "It's fun to find out what makes an ocean wave wave") and was probably more excited that Ethan was to be there.
 |
| Ethan checked with me to make sure these guys didn't move at all before he got too close |
 |
| Our first stop on the ground floor |
 |
| On our way up on the outer ramp. We stopped a lot to check out the penguins below from different vantage points. |
 |
| Checking out the big tank from the top |
 |
Shark!
It was crazy busy as we expected, but Ethan and I were fortunate to find a couple of empty viewing windows on our way down from the top of the big tank. |
 |
| Ethan's coloring has been improving a lot and he is really enjoying it too |
 |
| We had parked at Rowe's Wharf and took the Harborwalk from there to the Aquarium. The sun wasn't out but it was close to 50 and a great day for a walk. Ethan got a new buddy at the gift shop. Meet Fuzzworld Fuzzball PenguinPal. |
It was really great to be out with just the 2 of us. With the kids having such different needs and interests we often divide and conquer with Steve heading off with Ethan and me hanging out with Jacob. I didn't realize how much I missed this one on one time with my big boy!
Jacob took a 4.5 hour nap while we were gone so Steve got to have a little quiet time to himself and we all felt refreshed coming back together that afternoon. Jacob was so hungry and thirsty but his little body was not ready for it. Lets just say that he and I ended up in the shower with our clothes on to clean up that lovely mess! He seems to be all better now...
No comments:
Post a Comment