We didn't have any plans for New Years this year..big surprise! Steve and I planned to have our dinner after the kids went to bed so that we could actually talk to each other and then share some champagne leading up to midnight. That plan went out the window when Ethan begged to stay up to see the ball drop and Jacob was all wound up because things weren't winding down at all. Steve and I ate dinner at 9:30 (a delicious grilled pork tenderloin) while Ethan watched a show and Jacob cried to be picked up after a failed attempt to put him to bed at 9. Jacob lasted until 11:30 and Ethan just missed midnight and went to bed at 11:45. Steve and I made it to about 12:08 before we turned in as well.
January 1st was a disaster of a day so we decided to do New Years Eve over again. We all ate chinese food while watching The Smurfs and then Steve and I polished off a whole bottle of champagne after the kids went to bed! We left the dishes and just sat on the couch drinking champagne and eating Lindt chocolates that our neighbor had left for us over Christmas. It was the perfect way for us to end 2011 and we were so glad we did it.
Today was a much better day and we are so excited for 2012! 2011 was a really good year but it felt like a transitional year for us in a lot of ways. I will never forget it for so many wonderful reasons, but it definitely had it's low points and challenges. There's no telling exactly what this new year will bring, but we are feeling really positive and excited to find out.

1 comment:
Can't believe how big Jacob is! Last time I saw him he was what...3 weeks old?? Kiss to the boys from their aunt coley, xo
Post a Comment