Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Hampshire Vacation Part 2 - Storyland

Sunday was the day we had all been waiting for...our first trip to Storyland! Unfortunately, the weather was terrible and stayed that way the whole time. It was cold and drizzly, but we had a lot of fun once Ethan came around (he did his usual overwhelmed routine for a while). There is so much to do there we reviewed the park map ahead of time to pick where we wanted to start. Ethan was set on the pirate ship so that's where we headed first.






Our second ride was the tea cups and they were clearly marked as off limits to pregnant ladies so I sat it out. This was to be the trend for most of the day and Steve was E's constant ride companion.



You can see how excited Ethan was for the ride...the same cannot be said for the girl running the ride. She was one miserable Alice!



We have this exact picture of me from our family trip to Storyland when I was 8 or 9.



Baked in a pie...



It doesn't matter if there's no flash...those eyes refuse to look at the camera!



Ball pits completely gross me out but boy did Ethan have a great time in this one!



Bug eyes.



Time for school.



This was the Polar Coaster and Ethan was pretty pumped about this ride too. For some reason it stops short right here and if you look close you can see Steve doubled over after banging his knees on the seat in front of him! Right before this ride, I went with the boys on the Cuckoo-Cuckoo Clockenspiel which was essentially the same thing as the tea cups. There wasn't a no pregnant lady sign and I was tired of being left out. However, it was a really, really bad idea. Centripetal force, no matter how slight, does not go over well with unborn children and their mommies. I had a pretty hard time walking after that one! He was pissed and taking it out on my insides.



This tractor ride was much more my speed.





I let Ethan take a picture of me so that he would let me take a picture of him. He's becoming a master negotiator.









We will definitely be back here next year. Hard to believe we'll be a family of 4! I should be over that by now considering I'm due in less than 3 weeks, but it's still weird to me.

No comments: