Last weekend as sunny and in the 50's all weekend! We spent as much time outside as possible and on Sunday, I was on a mission to get to the beach. We drove to Plum Island in the late morning for a picnic. It was pretty windy so we tried to set our blanket down near some low dunes, but Ethan was too excited to sit for long.

The boys headed for the water and the good sandcastle sand while I cleaned up from our picnic.


This picture doesn't do it justice but there were whitecaps in the channel it was so windy!

Heading towards the water to throw in a rock...

...whoa! Those waves were coming in faster than he anticipated.

Come on you guys!

We used our cups to make a little sand city and each tower got a shell. Here's Ethan putting on the finishing touches.

I know these pictures are way overexposed, but I love his face in them.

Steve squeezed himself into the kids table to join Ethan at "The 99". I was their waitress and I made them cookies. The 99 is his pretend restaurant of choice. There's one right next to his school so he sees it all the time and will sometimes beg to go there.

The good weather continued into the week but this weekend we are soggy and windblown by a Nor'easter. Ethan has been sick with a cold and fevers since Friday night so we are just hanging out at the house and watching more TV than I thought possible. At least I'm caught up on my blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment