Steve left for DC this morning and spent most of his day in meetings. Ethan and I, however, went to the Boston Children's Museum for the last day of their Curious George exhibit. George had been there since February and we've planned to go off and on since he arrived and we're glad we made it today!
Of course all of the other exhibits were there too so we spent 4 hours seeing, touching, hearing and playing with them all.
This little tube took 8 scoops of water to fill. This was one of those moments of parenting that I struggle with. The scoops weren't anywhere near the same volume so it was impossible to say exactly how many cups it would have taken to fill the cylinder.
This one took 30 scoops. I'm kind of surprised he stuck with this one.
And then it took less than 3 seconds to dump it all out!
I'm not sure if I should have been, but I was so proud of Ethan for putting all of these shapes together all by himself! Maybe it was just that he didn't give up or ask me to help more than the fact that he was able to do it. It was cool.
Lunch with his new Buzz and Woody lego guys! We still haven't seen all of Toy Story but E is a huge fan. I refuse to buy it new because you have to buy the DVD and BluRay which makes no sense to me at all. But I keep forgetting to order it any other way so I'll probably end up just buying it.
There were all different kinds of tools in this space but Ethan wouldn't play with any of them until he had a pair of goggles on.
We ended our visit by heading back to the Curious George exhibit one last time. Ethan was fascinated by this rotary phone! There was a french woman on the phone telling the story of how HA Rey came to publish his books and Ethan was carrying on a full fledged conversation with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment