Sunday, March 7, 2010

More 3rd Birthday Celebrations

The fun didn't stop with the kids party. Friday night (1/7) we met Grandpa Cliff, Louise and Alex at The Hard Rock Cafe in Boston...one of Ethan's favorite restaurants. Somehow my dad, the guitar guy, has never been to this Hard Rock and I'm not sure who was more excited to be there, him or E. The guitar collection is pretty impressive and they had fun taking it all in.



Of course there was a little dancing going on. This was such a mom moment for me. You can hear him at the end of this video tell me to put the camera down. So I did and was dancing to Mony Mony on a Friday night in Boston with my toddler. There was a table full of girls dressed up for the night and I was laughing at how much my life has changed in the last few years! I'm such a suburban mom.



Ethan was treated to an ice cream sundae for his birthday.



This time he did pretty well with blowing out the candle. He couldn't get it with his train cake!



This kid is a messy, messy eater.



And why wouldn't he be rolling on the floor of a public restaurant!?



You can see he didn't eat much of his sundae which drove Steve crazy. That was for the best though because we had a whole other birthday celebration planned for Saturday!

Check out this starter artists set that we got. It's got it all but he hasn't been too into it lately. His artwork is definitely improving. He's starting to use multiple colors and really use the space. The days of his back and forth scribble to get us off his back are hopefully behind us.



We had Grandma Jan, Linda and Paul and the Schuler ladies over for birthday #3. Look at his face in this picture. I see a competitive dodge ball player in that stance.


Paul really enjoyed playing with all of Ethan's new toys...I mean Ethan.

The Schuler ladies plus Bekah's friend. Those girls were too funny. They were on their phones texting with whomever and giggling. Oh the teenage years. I remember being on the phone with Laura Feldman all the time.

Steve!

Linda had the honor of cake writing this time. It was store bought gel and it came out really fast. I especially like the #3.

Ethan has already learned the art licking the ends of the candles. Thankfully he doesn't try to chomp down anymore.

Cake!!

This was the end of his 3rd birthday celebration. Can you tell how exhausting all of that partying was for him. He went down easy that night.

It was a very happy 3rd birthday for the little man.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Looks like a great continuous birthday party!! One day Ethan is going to come home with a picture of himself and you are going to wonder when he started doing that. Time flies doesn't it?