Silent auctions were so darn addicting! Katie and I went out for her big 30th birthday night to Memorial Hall in Melrose for an art show. We had realistic expectations of our experience heading in, but were looking forward to trying to be a bit refined while eating hors d'ouerves and drinking wine...WITHOUT OUR BOYS!!! Well, put a couple of glasses of wine in us and all of a sudden we're art enthusiasts with a wicked competitive side. We had a whole strategy worked out so that each of us could take home a prized painting from the slient auction. It was down to the wire with 1 minute left, Katie had the high bid on her selection but a man was standing with his hand on the paper. Tension was high as we stood ringing our hands and trying to figure out how to stop the injustice when I took the pen. He had the paper, but I had the pen!! Ha, ha silly art man. We won! Just for the icing on the cake, I got a bit carried away and out bid the highest bidder by $3. I had forgotten that Katie had the highest bid so I cost her $3, but I wanted to make sure the man knew I had won. Of course, that man turned out to be a volunteer ready to take the sheets away when time ran out...
We laughed all the way to Turners for yummy mussels and more wine. It was a great night out with a wonderful friend who has meant the world to me since beginning this whole crazy motherhood thing.
Happy Birthday Katie!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment