Sunday, April 20, 2008

15 Months

Friday was Ethan's 15 month appointment! It was also the more gorgeous day of the year so far. Unfortunately, his appointment was at 11 which screwed up being outside all day but we still made the most of it. In the morning, he got interested in his exersaucer so I put him in it for the first time in months. He looked so big in there! Compare that picture to the one when we first got it almost a year ago...it's hard to believe!! Then we went outside to play in the yard. Ethan likes to explore the garage and laundry room as well. He's discovered our Halloween candy pumpkin and carries it around like a purse.









Our little man is doing just fine from the checkup perspective. He's not quite 30 inches and he weighed in at 24 pounds even. He's 11th percentile for height and 40th for weight. I think the 11th percentile is a little drastic, but apparently every quarter inch counts when your under 3 feet tall. He's certainly not unusually short compared to his friends. Ethan did not enjoy his shots at all and I was not happy with how the nurse handled it at all. She didn't have both shots ready so she gave him one and then had to prepare the other. Awesome. In the mean time, she's got his legs pinned and I've got his arms pinned and he's so upset he's barely breathing. It was traumatic for both of us but I manged not to burst into tears. He did recover very quickly and was enjoying a cracker within minutes. We are going to be consulting a pediatric dentist about Mr No-Teeth. Teeth aren't a pediatricians specialty, but she did concur that it's strange that his first tooth broke through over 6 weeks ago and isn't fully up yet and his second tooth is the same way. They also look like they're coming in pretty crooked and there's no sign of any others yet. There's nothing they can really do about it but an xray would at least give us an idea of what's going on in there.

Carina had an appointment in Wilmington so after the Dr's we had lunch with her at our house outside on the deck. It was downright hot back there! After she left, Ethan and I headed to Wakefield and Lake Quannapowit...one of our favorite spots. After a walk around the lake, Ethan was dying to play on the playground. He was so funny to watch, walking towards the bigger kids with his finger out yelling nonsense the whole way. He was very interested in a father and son playing catch and also a woman with 3 kids and the coolest bubble making toys I've ever seen. We played for a while and then had a picnic snack on the green. Ethan was devastated when I wouldn't let him go in the water. It was a pretty big scene from the little man. I'm such a mean mommy sometimes.

From the park we met Steve after work at TGIFridays for grown up appetizers and munchkin dinner. Ethan was very interested in the orange in Steve's beer and the lemons in my water. Steve wasn't willing to part with the orange, so we gave him a lemon. I had the camera ready for what I expected to be a very sour face, but he really liked it! He also enjoyed his mac and cheese so much it looked like he took a bath in it by the time he was finished. This was when the shots really started to kick in and bother him. He screamed like a crazy man when I tried to wash his hands and was not happy with anything by the time we got home. He was so tired but wouldn't go to sleep. Jamie came to visit and she got here in time to be the hero. She finally got him to sleep and we had a nice night as grown ups.







No comments: