Monday, May 14, 2012

First Sentence?

Well hello there.  I've been rather absent on the blogging scene, but I had to share an exciting moment from our morning. 

They are laying the foundation for a new house across the street from us and there are trucks galore over there.  Jacob has been completely glued to the window pointing and yelling "guck! guck!".  Steve picked him up to take him upstairs to get dressed and he was really upset.  Steve asked him if he wanted to see the trucks and he said "I see guck!". 

His language growth is simply astounding.  He is approaching the 18 month mark which is when I remember Ethan's vocabulary exploding, but we also think that having the tubes put in last month is really helping him. 

Here is a sampling of Jacob's words:

ock - egg
ock-y - coffee
coo-cah - cool car (he is learning some of his words from Ethan's Hot Wheels Shark Park.  This is usually said in a gravelly tone just like the shark sounds)
see-wee-oh - cereal
kacker - cracker
melmo - elmo
mo - more (accompanied by pointers coming together in an attempt to sign)
gah-gee - doggie
bah-boo - bottle (my all time favorite!)
oh-pa - open (Ethan used so say ope-it)
ah-poo - apple

A few more that I missed earlier...

An-tee - airplane
ow-sI-ee - outside! (this is said repeatedly and with increasing urgency)
EEtee - Ethan (this is relatively new, although we think he was calling him da-da or something with an s sound in it sometimes).
ah-dah - water
nana - banana (still a favorite).

No comments: