This post has taken me a while because I'm using pictures from various sources and with all the indoor pics, there's been lots of red eye to correct! What an amazling time we had the whole wedding weekend. Mom and I woke up to this text message from the bride: "I'm getting married today? Weather on NECN says snow and hurricane wind gusts!" Well, we were on the Cape so we missed out on the snow, but the weather was about as bad as it gets. By the time we got to the salon (Hairwaves in Falmouth), it was already starting to rain and so windy and cold! I have to say though, nothing could dampen Jamie's spirits that day.
First things first, all of us girls met for hair, makeup, turkey subs and mimosa's.
 |
| Stacey getting beautified |
 |
| Meghan too! |
 |
| They did a really awesome job for Jamie and the rest of us too! |
 |
| Miss Emma came along for our girly time as well as some recruits to keep her occupied. She's as into her Grandma Jan these days as her cousin Ethan! |
 |
| We got to the Inn just as the boys were arriving to get themselves ready. |
 |
| Us girls got the cottage and pretty much trashed it getting ready! |
Before we knew it, it was time for the wedding! We had a short walk from the cottage to the Inn but it was dicey with the wind and rain. Jamie looked stunning and she and Matt stole a few pre-wedding moments together. It's a good thing they did because the rest of the night was a whirlwind!
 |
| The boys looked so handsome in their matching suits and Ethan held Jacob's had the whole way. In fact, he kept holding on when Jacob fell at one point and he ended up like a turtle on his back! Jamie's friend Tricia helped him up and he marched right along. Ethan had the rings in his pocket and we think he was very worried about losing them. |
 |
| After a memorable ceremony performed by our Uncle Paul in a beautiful inn on a rainy day...they were husband and wife!!! The best part was when Matt didn't know which finger to put the ring on Jamie. :-) |
 |
| Grandma Jan and her escort |
 |
| Steve and I didn't realize how little we saw of Ethan until my cousins and mom started sharing their pictures! He had a blast. Here he is with Bekah. |
 |
| Getting crazy with Heather |
 |
| My Aunt Jody took care of Jacob so that Steve could have a break (I was a bit distracted!) and he fell fast asleep! |
 |
| We even set up his pack n play in the corner and he slept all through the cocktail hour. |
 |
| He was back to his happy self after his snooze!! |
 |
| Have I mentioned lately just how very much I love these guys!? |
 |
| The Schoenholtz Family!! |
 |
| Just in case there was any confusion... |
 |
| My good friend Stacey from high school has become an amazing photographer these days. We were so excited that she was able to be there for Jamie and Matt's big day! |
 |
| Jamie and Dad danced to Sweet Baby James by James Taylor. While I didn't know ahead of time what song they'd picked, I should have easily guessed. Some of you know how much we refer to her as James, but this was always her song growing up. Mine was Big Shot by Billy Joel...so appropriate! |
And then the party really got started...
 |
| While Jacob slept through cocktail hour, Emma snoozed through dinner. It had been an overwhelming day for this little lady but she did have a pretty good time that night too! |
 |
| Stacey and Dave |
 |
| Linda and Jenny |
 |
| My favorite picture of the whole night! This is so them. Jamie hamming it up and Matt holding a beer and laughing. |
 |
| Me and my grandma! |
 |
| Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters...(any White Christmas fans out there?) |
 |
| We've got some good gene's in our family. |
 |
| Matt with his buddy Pete. |
 |
| Remember that nap Jacob took? Well, while Ethan was ready for bed at 8:30, Jacob was up past 11! I couldn't believe it when I walked through the door to our room and there he was, doing lap after lap . Have I mentioned that he started walking on his own just days before the wedding? |
I have to say that I have never seen a more beautiful bride or a happier couple. I'm not just saying that because of the incredible dress and professional hair and make up. Jamie was glowing the entire day. She was so excited to be marrying Matt and I'm pretty sure he felt exactly the same way. Their wedding day was such a celebration of their love and not about having a wedding. So many brides (myself included!) get caught up in the wedding planning and making sure that every aspect is perfect that they lose a little bit of what it's really about. Jamie never lost sight of exactly why she was bringing people together on that October day and it really was a perfect day.
No comments:
Post a Comment