Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Columbus Day Weekend Part 1

We are officially a gated community.  The gates went up a few weeks ago and Jacob thinks their hilarious.  Wait until he's really walking and I shut the gate behind me as I go upstairs for something.  I bet they won't be so hilarious then.
This outfit was a gift when he was born.  While it's not something I would have picked out for him, he is pretty cute as a little prep-ster.


On Friday October 7th we met the Barnes Family for a picnic and zoo play date again.  Adelina had a great time playing big sister and pushing the babies in the swings.


We decided to consolidate the babies when another little one came along to play. 


The big boys were enjoying the big boy swings.  Both of them are struggling to learn to pump.  It's really hard to teach too!  It's crazy fun to see them all together and imagine all of them big someday!


It's getting increasingly difficult to find activities that keep both boys entertained in a safe fashion.  Ethan's Cars GeoTrax worked our really well.  Jacob was fascinated by Mater driving around the track that Ethan and I built.


On Saturday October 8th, Grandma Jan and Chris came up to go apple picking with us.  Jacob had fallen asleep for a much needed nap on the way to Boston Hill Farm so I figured I'd keep him close in the Ergo.  I should have known he'd be awake and looking for action within minutes of our arrival!





He walked all over the farm that day.  It's so funny to have him in shoes!  He's still not used to them and takes many more independent steps in his bare feet.

The best of our attemps at a family portrait for Jacob's class.



It was very bright so I donated my sunglasses to the keep Ethan happy fund.  He's so cool.



Jacob was really into the wagon's...


...and the apples! 


Cider doughnut toast!



This was Columbus Day weekend and the weather was spectacular.  It was summer in October and we enjoyed it every day.  More photos/stories to come!

No comments: