Friday September 16th was Jacob's 10 month birthday, but we had his 9 month appointment in the morning. We're a bit out of synch, but we'll be back on track for his 1 year (yikes!). More on that later...
For lunch, we met The Barnes Family just like old times but with a very noticeable difference. Levi and Jacob are getting so big! We've hung out since the babes were born, but this was the first time we needed a 7 person table. I hope that these 2 guys end up having as much fun together as Caleb and Ethan have over the years!
Speaking of the big kids, this is obviously not the greatest picture (I swear Lina was having a good time...), but here they are all together. We had a man walk by and comment on how lucky we were to have so many kids at the table with us and still have the opportunity to eat our lunch. They were very well behaved but I think Katie and I just eat fast these days.
My mommy-brain kicked in and I forgot that yogurt sticks don't have the same valve thingy as the baby food squeeze bags and just handed it to Jacob. Needless to say, he was instantly covered in yogurt and really unhappy with me when I took it away.
My big boys enjoying a snack together.
Ethan with one of his Star Wars sticker books. He's started to pick out his clothes more and more and likes to wear everything the same color. I wish I'd gotten a picture of him on his red day last week. It was pretty brutal!

Jacob actually fell asleep while eating his dinner after school last week. As I may have mentioned, his sleeping went out the window last week and he was all out of sorts. He wasn't sleeping at night or napping properly so this was the result!
Thursday night we had a few of Ethan's friends from school over for a pizza party. Us moms had some wine and it was a good time all around!
Tonight was trophy night. Steve whipped one up out of mega blocks for Ethan and then Ethan made one for Steve and I for being the best daddy and mommy in the world. Then he made one for Jacob for walking. This picture cracks me up. I had showered but not dried my hair and had on some of my baggiest clothes, I didn't bother to snap Jacob's onesie after his bath because I knew he wasn't going to be in it for long and Steve hadn't even showered! This is a true glimpse into our world.
Last but not least, I ran another 5K today with my friend from nursing group, Jen. It was a hot sticky day, but I was happy to finish a whole minute faster than when I ran in July. It really is a lot of fun to run with a bunch of people! I'm hoping to find more races to run this fall.


No comments:
Post a Comment