Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Last Friday was the first Friday in a long time that the boys and I were just home all day. We did have to go to the grocery store, but other than that, it was just us! We had a picnic lunch and played, played, played. Steve was out that night for his fantasy football draft and I was BEAT by bedtime, but we had a really great day.



Unfortunately, Steve had just cut our multiple-inch high grass the night before and many mosquito's had been disturbed. They joined us for lunch on the grass, so we moved to the deck. Also unfortunate was the fact that we hadn't put the furniture back out after Irene, so it didn't end up being the most comfortable lunch after all. I feel like this picture is an advertisement for the fisher price 3-in-1 booster seat. We love it for Jacob and still use it for Ethan!



On Sunday we were in Warwick, RI for our annual visit with The Whorf Family. Josh, Kate and Brady were visiting and we had a great day with them. These 2 were cracking each other up!




It is starting to become apparent just how "old" Ethan is getting. Look at him in this picture! He's just so big. It's awesome and heartbreaking at the same time. I still sometimes pause on my way to bed to watch him for a bit while he's sleeping amazed at how far we've come and how much he's grown. He challenges us on a very, very regular basis, but he is truly a joy to be around and so, so well behaved when we're out and about. He makes us very proud and makes us laugh a lot too!

And now that I'm practically in tears...I'm off to bed!

No comments: