I almost completely skipped blogging about our adventures in April and May. I will be getting around to that before I go back to work (July 5th!), but for now, a bit about our littlest man at 6 months.
We had his Dr's appointment late (5/31), but he passed with flying colors! It was funny to go to an appointment with no concerns whatsoever. He weighed in at 18 lbs 10 oz which put him in the 62nd percentile. That was up for the 34th at his 4 month check up! That will not be a surprise to anyone who has seen and/or held this boy lately. He's come a long way from being in the 5th-ish percentile at 2 months!!! He was 26.5 inches which was about the 40th percentile for height (pretty consistent since birth) and his head circumference was almost 18 inches which put him in the 79th percentile. Both our boys got big heads...no doubt about that!
Jacob might be the happiest baby I have ever met. He is super smiley giggly and no one can make him laugh harder than his big brother. These two are so completely in love with each other. It makes me smile to see it every day. His hands are constantly moving in search of an object to grasp (and mouth) and he's not shy about grabbing whatever is in his reach. Just this morning he tried to pick up a container of grapes that I had just washed and dumped them all out onto the floor. He'll twist and turn himself as far as he can to grab your glass of water and don't even try to drink, talk on the phone or change the channel on the tv while holding him or he will grab it!
He is starting to sleep through the night some nights. I wish I could say "most" or that "more often than not that is the case", but he seems to really enjoy seeing me at 3:30 am. I am pretty well over seeing him at that time, but there's nothing like walking in to his room and seeing that face smiling up from his crib. His face is always red when we get him up because he sleeps with his face planted into his hands. Sometimes you can make out the individual marks left by each finger.
He is in love with his exersaucer and we can usually count on that to entertain him for a while so that we can do any of the number of things that need to happen in a house on a daily basis...including playing with big brother Ethan. He still rolls over to his tummy when he's placed on his back. He is struggling to pull up his knees, but now that he's doing so well sitting, I think he will be a crawler! We find him all over his crib in the morning so he's trying to be on the move more and more.
That's probably enough gushing for one post! Onto the pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment