What a beautiful day we had to celebrate our favorite dad. We started with a homemade breakfast of blueberry muffins, eggs, and bacon. We love to do big breakfasts on the weekend! After a long nap from Jacob and a lot of whining from Ethan, we went to Ipswich River Park for play time and a picnic.
The boys showing me the berry's in their mouths...
All of my boys.
I know you can't actually see Jacob in this picture but I was trying to get both boys swinging together.
Jacob took a little rest while we walked from the playground to the actual river.
At first Ethan tried to keep his shorts dry...
but trying to keep this kid out of the water is pretty impossible.
First he lost his shorts, then he sat on the edge and lost his underwear so I had to wrap him in one of Jacob's blankets. He was not happy about this but I gave him plenty of warning that I had no extra clothes for him!
On our way back to the car, Steve spotted a Question Mark butterfly that you can barely see in this picture.
After a quick trip back home, we drove to Kittery Point, ME for dinner at Chauncy Creek. I had been there years ago with some girlfriends and often think of going back so today was the day! Jacob was in a fabulous mood when we got there (he's been battling a cold and much less than his happy-self these past few days).
However, he started deteriorating rather quickly during his dinner and we weren't able to put him down while we tried to eat our lobsters.
Too bad the light on these pictures is all wrong!
Ethan thought it was pretty silly that Steve and I were wearing bibs.
I am happy to say that Ethan tried the lobster without too much of an issue. He said "it's not so bad with butter" but he did not have a second bite.
It's really such a beautiful spot and we're already looking forward to going back. It's BYO pretty much anything, including alcohol. Somehow I'd forgotten that part so we were slightly under prepared. Luckily a fellow father took pity on us and offered us each one of his Geary's Summer Ale's. We were very happy about that! Some of the couples/families there had some pretty elaborate spreads with table clothes, candles, and all kinds of drinks, apps and sides. We're going to do it up next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment