Friday, June 10, 2011

All About April

I don't have too many general comments about our April so I'll commentate the pictures so that I can sort of remember what we were up to...
Technically, this picture is from March 31st. Jacob started out in his gym on his back with his head about where the cow is on the mat. He rolled himself over and inchwormed his way into this position! He was so much on the move that month, we thought he'd be crawling by 7 months. However, he's almost 7 months now and hardly inchworming anymore so I'm not sure what happened!

Ethan and Charlie were having a great playdate and decided to take a little "rest". Ethan is very into pretending to sleep. He puts his guys to sleep, his cars to sleep and has us pretend to sleep when we're playing. I'm not sure what that's all about.
April 2nd was a fabulous night out for me and a few of my friends from high school. Renee, Jenn, Alicia, Jayna, Me and Carina all had dinner in the North End at Mamma Maria. It was a bit more sophisticated than we were, but we had a great time! I ordered Osso Bucco which I've never had and while it was delicious, I will never be able to eat it again. It's just not me!
Jacob went through a phase where whenever we fed him, he would hold his hand to his head and sometimes smush his eye. He doesn't do it anymore, but it used to make us laugh.
I was trying to take a picture of Jacob in this cute outfit and guess who all of a sudden got over being camera shy. Typical older brother antics!
Speaking of antics...
April 9th was Henry's last day in Wilmington. He, Ethan and Cole had been basketball buddies at the Y for several months and they are all Wonder Kids. Henry and Cole came over after swimming lessons to hang out while mom Jill finished cleaning their apartment and mom Carol went to pick up a birthday cake. They boys had a great time with Big Daddy Steve, the broken water table, the hose, and, of course, each other.


How early is too early to start acquainting yourself with characters from Star Wars?
We took the boys to The Rainforest Cafe for lunch and Jacob was mesmerized by the ginormous fish tanks.
It was a beautiful day to put together a new lego set!
April 10th...the last of our snow finally, FINALLY, melted.
Owen Krangle with our little guy.
Lord Ethan with Princess Katie.
Another brotherly bath. I think this was the last time I used that bath chair with Jacob. He's just do darn wiggly and he plants his feet and tries to roll out of it. My back was killing me but they were loving each other so it was awesome.


April 18th was another lovely spring day and the boys had a lot to do.
First things first...fix the fence that was taken out in a snow storm by a teenage pizza delivery guy.
Gazing up at his big brother at dinnertime.
It's hard to tell just how messy his face is in this picture, but the early days of "solid" feeding are an adventure.
On April 29th, we met The Barnes Family at a playground in Stoneham for some fun and lunch.


From there we went to the zoo...we have no idea what these kids were up to in front of the Jaguar exhibit.
This was my entry into a photo contest held by my good friend Stacey Hedman (see her amazing work at her websites on my blog roll). It was the day of the royal wedding and she was looking for pictures that depicted anything British. I captioned this one "And they lived happily ever after...". It didn't win, but it was fun to do! And I was captivated by the royal wedding. Best wishes Will and Kate!
We ended April with dinner with The Krangles at our house. We had just assembled Jacob's jumper. His feet didn't even touch the floor then but he still thought it was pretty cool!
Owen and Jacob entertaining each other a bit.
And yes...we still have a finger issue.

That's it for April! Next up...Easter.

No comments: