Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cape Weekend in August

I think this was the weekend of Steve's fantasy football drafts, but anyway, Ethan and I came to the Cape and stayed with Grandpa Cliff, Louise and the boys. Saturday night was bbq night with lots of family. Of course Emma was there and is highlighted in many of the following pictures...as usual!




She's using her cousin as a stepping stool already. He was pushing up on her wherever I held her! We can't wait to see what the future holds for these two munchkins.




Alex "Crazy Face" Lloyd.




This is Ethan and Aida's son Jonas enjoying hot dogs and corn on the cob at this lovely bistro table for two.



Louise saved a lot of toys from when the boys were little and Ethan loves to go completely through them every time we visit. This night he found an alien mask and a police helmet and he and Matt were battling for a while.




Leslie was visiting from Long Island and Gary was there from P-Town. It was nice to have so many family members in one place!



Great Aunt Mary Ann didn't ask for Emma all night but was all to eager for a turn when offered! She's so cuddly.



Of course Great Grandma Nancy was there too. Loving her soon to be 3rd great grandchild!


Saturday morning, Ethan and I picked up Jamie's friend Meghan and met Jamie, Matt and Emma at Crow's Pasture. Matt picked us up in his monster truck and we drove out to the beach. The side they usually park on was rather polluted this particular weekend, so we were on the inlet side and it was heaven for the little man! The tide was still outgoing when we got there, but it turned shortly thereafter and we had lots of fun in the tidal pools and on the "islands".





As you can see...we were not alone! With the front side closed, it was side to side trucks, but everybody is really friendly with lots of "regulars".



Speaking of regulars...this was Mark and I think he was more excited than Ethan about the net we brought to catch minnows. Ethan was content to check out this hermit crab.




All that exploring meant we had an early lunch. This was set up for Sedona and Toby, but they were happy under the truck so Ethan parked it here for his lunch.


At 3 weeks, Miss Emma did extremely well as a beach baby! She slept a lot and ate some, but was not a happy girl at all for the ride off the beach!

The tide came in fast and there was enough water to splash in, but not quite enough to swim in at this point.



Ethan was dying for Matt to play with him so he blew up these tubes for them to float around in. Turns out, Ethan was too small to handle one on his own, so the boys ended up floating together.






As the tide comes in, you can float all the way down the inlet into the marsh and it's really peaceful. Unfortunately, you have to walk back and Ethan was past the point of having the energy for that! We were laughing when Matt came marching back carrying the float with E on his shoulders. Then the new parents took off for a float of their own.

Ethan took this picture of me and my 29-ish week belly. I don't think he was trying for a belly shot but I really like it!


Saturday night, I left E with GC and Louise and I headed to Brewster to watch Emma so that Jamie and Matt could go out to dinner for her birthday. Emma had been asleep since the beach! Of course she woke up almost as soon as they left and I ended up spit up on, peed on and pooped on before they got home. I even had to change into one of Matt's tshirts mine was so gross! Clearly I am out of practice with this newborn thing.


New parents, new-ish homeowners!

No comments: