Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Thanksgivukkah Birthday

My birthday was a pretty big deal this year. It was Thanksgiving, the first day of Hanukkah and my birthday all in one! We had planned to go to Paul and Linda's as usual but as a special twist, my mom came with us too! We were missing Jamie, Matt and Emma, but we had the whole Tremblay-Beattie and Schuler families there so it was a pretty special day.
 
The morning started off with a pig pile of boys in the living room.  There is a whole lot of wrestling going on in our house these days.  Usually instigated by Jacob.
 
Both boys had made a Thanksgiving crown/headband thing at school and I was trying to get them to wear them for me.  That failed so I asked that they just let me take their picture together.  That almost worked, but I ended up frustrated and called them out for not cooperating with me on my birthday.

 
That got Jacob to cooperate.  :)  "Look mommy!  I'm cooperating!"

 
He fell asleep on the way to Linda and Paul's house.  I rarely see him sleeping anymore and it's just too cute!  Yeah, I know.  His car seat strap was twisted which is a big no-no.  I did eventually fix it.

 
Ethan was a big help setting the table for all of us.

 
I spent a lot of the morning making my first Challah bread!  It was a labor of love and it was amazing.  I love baking so much and I have always had great success with bread.

 
Jenny and Christopher!  It was great to see them both at the same time.

 
I somehow ended up on the complete opposite end of the table from my kids.  Strange?  Or Strategic?

 
All I wanted for dessert was my Aunt Barbie's pumpkin roll.


 
Happy birthday to me!

No comments: