Friday, February 14, 2014

Jacob's 3rd Birthday

You have no idea the amount of effort I have put in to get the pictures from Jacob's birthday up on to the blog! I think I finally have them all where I need them to upload, but between a broken lap top and trying to use the iPad to now, it has taken more time than I care to spend. HOWEVER, This post is not about me, it's about JACOB! Our busy little man turned 3 3 months ago so I thought I might tell you a little bit about how that went.
 
His birthday was on a Saturday so we invited a few of his buddies from day care to join us.  He had been asking for a tow truck birthday for a while, but I convinced him to make it a little more generic and we went with truck/construction theme.
 
I got the idea for this cake on Pinterest and it was the easiest cake I've made for either of the kids parties!  Jacob loved it.


 
Saturday morning we celebrated amongst ourselves.




 
We were in luck on this day because the big digger was still over at Alice and Bob's so we brought the little guys over to check it out.  They all lined up very nicely with Jacob as the line leader.  He was followed by Tyler, Ryan, Bijon and Connor.
 
 




 
Jacob had a really great time with his friends and we have another set of great parents to get to know!
 
Later that day we had the Lewis's, Lovell's, Tremblay's and Schuler's over for party #2!  Of course Grandma Jan, Chris, Auntie Jamie, and Emma were all here.  We had quite a time.  It got pretty rowdy...kids and grown ups alike.  :)



 
Molly and Emma hit it off as we expected and they were very happy to help Jacob open his presents.

 
Jacob was happy to play with all of his new toys!


Happy, happy birthday to you Jacob!  We love you so much.

No comments: