Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ethan's 6th (!) Birthday

Tuesday was Ethan's 6th birthday!  It isn't killing me as much as 5 did.  5 was tough.  5 meant a lot of changes and 6, I guess, is just exciting in itself!  There is so much in store for this little guy this year. 

In the morning before school.  He slept in his clothes from the day before.  It was the first of many birthday treats.

I got to go to his class to do an art project! Penguins are Ethan's favorite animal and I found a few crafts on Pinterest and his teacher picked one where you make little penguins out of the cups of an egg carton.  It was fun but CRAZY!  I don't know how they keep track of where these kids are or which ones have completed which activity.  They were all very sweet and really good but it was a lot of activity.

When we had Ethan's conference with his teacher, she mentioned that Ethan likes to rush through his table projects to get to free time.  He is often sent back to add more detail or maybe use more than one color.  She told us that he likes to spend his free time in the bean bag chairs.  I was working with the other children and when I looked up to see where he was...here he was!  In the bean bag chairs with a Lego catalog. 

One of our gifts to him was the Ogre that goes with the castle he got for Christmas.  It makes lots of cool noises.

Jacob has been having trouble discerning between his birthday and Ethan's birthday.  He still thinks all birthday's are his and therefore all presents are his.  We had an incident where Ethan let him open a present for him and then Jacob freaked out that it wasn't his toy inside. 
 
He has gotten really good at singing Happy Birthday though and was singing it a lot on Ethan's special day.  The camera angle is a bit funny, but I love this video.
 

 

No comments: