Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Snow Storm

This was the big one. The second snow storm of the season dropped over 2 feet of snow in Wilmington. We were all over the news as the big "winner" in the state with the highest amount of snowfall. I'm writing this over a month later and that snow is still on the ground...not cool.

This was a Wednesday so both Ethan and Steve had a snow day. It was fun being all snowed in together! All that snow was exciting at the time and we all went out to check out how much really fell. Steve wears his ski goggles when he uses the snowblower, so Ethan wanted to wear goggles too.



Ethan could barely walk there was so much snow! We marched around the house with me trampling the snow and him right behind me.



Steve had to shovel the wall at the end of the driveway to get it down to a height the snow blower could manage.



Somewhere in that snow bank is our mailbox.



Steve tried to dig it out.



But when he got to the post...it was gone!



He did find our mailbox in the snow bank, rested it on top of the post and that worked for a while. We've had more snow on top of this snow and he just shoved it into the snowbank. That worked for a while but today we finally had enough melting that it fell out and now I'm not sure what we'll do!

The day after the big storm, the boys and I had to get out there and play.


I loved dressing Jacob up in his handsome snowsuit...

...and throwing him in a snowbank for some pictures!



Since we don't have a hill for a backyard anymore, and because there's too much snow back there anyway, I pulled Ethan up and down the driveway for entertainment. He loved it and I felt like I was burning a few calories!

No comments: