Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Germany Round 2

In late May, I headed back to Germany for another visit with the Army guys at Ramstein AFB. This trip we stayed right in Kaiserslautern which is a pretty big, not so pretty city. However, The Blechhammer was an amazing family operated hotel on a lake in the woods just outside the city. We had wonderful meals and really enjoyed our time there.









One of our outings was to The House of Clocks. There was a lot of talk about buying coo-coo clocks (we weren't too far from the black forest), but none of us were up for hauling them back with us. Pranav, however, found this killer hat.







We went out for a wonderful home cooked meal at a restaurant off the beaten path called Idyll. We're not sure what this sign meant, but found it amusing.




It was nice to see that at least part of the world is dedicated to renewable energy sources. Wind turbines are a common sight along the highways.




Our last night was spent in Frankfurt Au Main. We stayed at a lovely Sheraton and walked from there right into this square that was having an outdoor concert with lots of food, beer and people watching! Many drunk middle aged Germans having a good time. We spent quite a bit of time here. Pranav and John enjoyed a frosty beverage.





Here we are all together. I'm not sure what Jim is looking at in this particular frame, but he looks very amused! I was enjoying a wonderful ginger ale mojito thing. I wasn't quite pregnant enough to pull off that shirt, but pregnant enough to not fit into much of anything else.



It's starting to look like this will be my last work trip until I return from maternity leave. Not a bad way to go out!

No comments: