After I picked him up, we met Steve at my work for an open house. They had all kinds of displays and activities for the kids and we had a great time. It was a miserable day outside so we ended up skipping the town tree lighting and attempting movie night again. Ethan did much better this time, but we still haven't seen the whole Cars movie!
After E went to bed the rain turned into our first real snow!
In case you couldn't guess, Steve was a huge lego man in his younger years. Alan and Suzanne saved all of his lego's after all these years and Steve felt that it was time to bust them out and see if Ethan was into them. The first step was to wash them as they've been in a bin for almost 20 years. They were at it for about an hour. They pulled all of them apart and talked about what the pieces were and what they would build.
Ethan fell in love immediately with the legos. We've had the duplos for 2 years and he's never really been into them, but the little lego's are the coolest! He especially likes to build the people. We've been doing a lot of sorting through the hundreds of pieces looking for legs, heads, helmets and torso's. I could not believe how long these things occupied his attention Sunday afternoon. It was great!
Steve just couldn't help but get into the action. The past 2 night he's stayed up late making space ship/lunar lander type things for E to play with in the morning.
Ethan's favorite part is the boat that he can put his guys on. He puts together the guys and it's my job to put them on the ship. We're up to 18. It's standing room only at this point.
I'm not sure if it's the time of year or what, but Mr Bethan is having A LOT of trouble listening. I thought it was just us, but we got a report from school today that he had a tough day with that. We never hear anything remotely negative about him so this caught me off guard. We had a big talk tonight at dinner about how it's important to listen to grown-ups. We'll see if tomorrow is any better. He gets a kick out of using my fingers as conversation points so tonight my fingers were "listening", "helping", and "cooperating". Most nights I use all of my fingers to illustrate "brush your teeth", "go potty", "read books", "sing a song", and "go to sleep". Bedtime is a convenient 5 finger process. He's also had trouble going to sleep the past 2 nights too. I've had to rock him a bunch which I don't really mind because I love the cuddle time, but I love it as the exception not the rule. I've got to break that habit soon. My nights are too short as it is! Maybe 3 is harder than 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment