And now, it's time for a fireside chat with Steve and Matt.
I was in charge of cooking this year and I couldn't find a roast big enough for our crowd so I bought 2 smaller roasts and proceeded to cook the crap out of them! Luckily the meat was of decent quality so it wasn't too tough, but there was nothing rare about it. This is me with my Yorkshire Pudding.
I was meeting Leslie for the first time and she couldn't decide if I look more like my dad or my Grandmother. There's a whole lot of Hinckley/Hagberg in me so I kind of look like everybody.
When it was time to eat, there weren't enough seats at tables so we ate where we could. Gary borrowed Maryann's walker for his meal.
After dinner we moved into the living room to open presents by the fire. We were fortunate to have a visit from Santa Claus (a.k.a. George). Ethan was amazed by his presence! At first he was very unsure of him, but then he climbed right up on his lap and asked for, of course, a black train with a remote control. I have a long video of Ethan's visit with Santa, but here are a couple of shorter ones. It was really very sweet.
Ethan got a bag with his name on it but he was more interested in the candy cane.
Matt scored some Twilight trivia cards.
Steve scored himself a beer holster.
No comments:
Post a Comment