Saturday, April 18, 2009

Assorted Thoughts, pictures and a Video

I don't even know where my weeks go anymore but clearly my time is not dedicated to this blog! I am too tired to even pay attention to what order these pictures are in, but they're all cute and they all tell a story so here goes. I should warn you, I'm 2 glasses of wine into my Saturday night so this might be a bit wordy...

Thursday I worked the last part of my day in Waltham and with traffic on 128N it took me over an hour to get to day care. I was half an hour late to pick up the munchkin! He was the last one at the center with 1 of his teachers and her 2 kids. They were enjoying a Goldfish snack and he was happy as can be but I was so tense and felt so guilty. Steve had a work event after work so we headed for home. Ethan likes to climb into his car seat himself and he's usually really good at it but that night he used the greasy part of the door and neither of us noticed. We were more than half way home when he goes "hey...look at my hand" and it was covered in black grease! Of course his next move was to lick his hand at which point I'm practically screaming at him to keep his hand out of his mouth and his goldfish. We made it home and by that time he found the whole situation so amusing that he even posed for this picture.



I was able to take all of Friday off for the first time in what feels like a long time and of course we headed out with Katie, Caleb and Adelina. We went to Lake Quannapowit in Wakefield and walked the boys in Katie's double stroller. This bad boy is definitely on my list when I have 2 kids. I think the shocks on this thing are better than on my car. After our walk, the boys played on the playground, we had a picnic lunch and we ran all over the town green. Adelina was such a good baby the whole time. I don't have any pictures but she had on pink head to toe...tights and all...it's so great to have a baby girl around!



After nap, Ethan and I decided to plant the pansies that Uncle Gary gave us for Easter. Ethan was very excited to help me and he didn't do too bad either!



This morning we met the Krangle's at a local playground and then went out to lunch. The kids were so excited to see each other as usual. As soon as they were done we had to go outside so they could run around. They raced from this wall to Mark at least a dozen times.
It's been a few weeks now, but I finally took Ethan to the Dentist! We made quite a pair trying to lie in the chair together but the Dr. Lee was able to count and examine all of his teeth. He has 12 and by now he should have 20 but he could see that they were all in there so we just have to continue to wait. He didn't have any cavities so he got a tooth with his name on it to put on the wall with the other kids in addition to his toothbrush and 2 stickers. He did really well overall. I was very proud of him. He wouldn't sit in the chair for his picture, or look at the camera, but I think he was pretty proud of himself too.
That weekend I took him to SnipIts for another haircut. I'd taken him to Supercuts the week before and he refused to sit in the chair or on my lap so there was no haircut. I thought maybe a kid friendly place would be better, but he was still not a big fan. I knelt on the floor holding him in the seat the whole time, but he was ok with that. He had a lollipop...they help a lot!


Later that day, when he was refusing to take a nap, Steve and I took him for a stroller walk. I can't remember the last time he was in this stroller so of course I had to take a picture of what a big boy he is now! He looks so thrilled with me.




This was our first attempt to take Ethan for a "bike ride". At this point he couldn't go anywhere without us pushing him, but he would get mad when we had our hands on the handle on the seat so it was pretty uneventful. It made for a cute picture though!

The couch saw a lot of action this weekend. Here's E with Caleb.


And with Katie. You can see the viewfinder is a big hit.

This is what happens when Ethan decides not to nap at nap time. He either cannot stay awake or he is awake and miserable.
One night when we couldn't get E in his PJ's, we got him to help us dress George for bed too.
He always looks like he's in pain when he says "cheese"! At least he's trying...
This is a good example of how E and Sedona came to live together. She tolerated a lot from the little guy!




This was one night after day care. I have no idea what is all over his sweatshirt, but it was nice enough to play outside without a jacket!


2 weeks ago, Jamie moved out of our house to an apartment in South Boston. We all headed down to check it out and while Steve helped Jamie paint her room, Ethan and I headed to the beach.


He's been "working" a lot lately. He loves to climb up in this chair and tell us he's "working".

A few weeks ago, we went to Linda and Paul's for dinner with Chris and Ingrid. I didn't take any pictures, but I had to get this on video. Ethan was not tired after dinner and dessert so we decided to run a few laps. I had stopped, but he kept on going! Every time he came around, we cheered, he waved, and a few times Paul got a high-five. It was hilarious!

Here is a video from a pretty successful tricycle ride.

So that's it for my most random post to date. Goodnight!

No comments: