Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sarasota Jungle Garden's

We spent all of our mornings having breakfast on the lanai. We cheers at most meals these days.



Unfortunately, Sunday was cold, rainy and windy. We weren't sure what to do with ourselves until GGJack suggested The Sarasota Jungle Garden's. Luckily the weather was sunnier an hour north, but it was still pretty chilly. I didn't really need a fleece jacket on, but I didn't have a sweatshirt. Ethan continued his obsession with playgrounds and climbing. There were animals all around, including monkey's, but he kept asking for the playground.









The flamingo's were just out walking around! They were really loud and Ethan was not too cool with that but he was ok while I fed them. It's funny how the little ones really do follow your lead. As long as I was cool, he was cool. A couple of times one of these guys would sneak up on me and I'd jump a little and E would tense right up and tell me was scared or that they were too loud. Jamie loved it!





Ethan climbed up onto this bench all by himself. He was very proud of himself.



Alligator wrestling...of course.



He really wanted to close the alligator's mouth.



I have a cute picture on my phone of E with GJ standing on one leg like the flamingo's, but these will have to do for the blog! They have so much fun together.





I think you can see behind us all of the beautiful parrots that were there. We could choose any parrot we wanted to hold for a picture and this is the one Ethan picked. The little guy!





We spent hours entertaining ourselves there. We took the long way home and took E to the playground again. It was still really windy back in Englewood so we didn't last very long. We went and got drinks and apps instead. Not a bad chilly day in Florida!



Next post...pictures with the GG's and Lowry Park Zoo!

No comments: