Wednesday, March 11, 2009

C-Sox Spring Training

Saturday was a gorgeous day for a Red Sox game! We left later than planned so we didn't get to meet any of the players, but City of Palms Park is really family friendly. As we learned when we tried to take E to a Harlem Globetrotters game a few weeks ago, he does not have the attention span for sporting events yet. We weren't sure how he'd do but he lasted almost 2 innings because he was busy eating and drinking. After that we had to take turns walking him around the park.

Our little man is growing up and he's starting to say "Red Sox" instead of "C-Sox". He also says "downstairs" very clearly now too which is a bummer. We got so used to his way of speaking that it's hard to hear him speak more like a big boy! It is funny to hear him talk though. He has an excellent vocabulary, but he gets really tripped up when he tries to string words into sentences. It's still pretty slurry speech, but that's ok with us.







Jamie and I totally stalked Wally for this picture! We spotted him from our seats and I grabbed Ethan mid-bite (hence the chicken finger in his hand) to chase him down. Security almost tackled Jamie but she showed them that she was with E and me and not just some crazed Wally fan. Ethan was not afraid of him at all. He checked him out and gave him 5 and waved goodbye. I was very impressed. However, towards the end of the game Wally was on the lawn and I took E to get his autograph and apparently that was not cool. He completely freaked out and was crying not to see him. Being the good mother that I am, I ignored that and went and got the autograph anyways. Of course now he is super excited about his Wally autograph. Sometimes mother really does know best.


Ethan was trying to drink my beer and I kept explaining that it was "my beer". Well anytime you tell this kid that something is yours he instantly declares it his.





We couldn't get near the Red Sox dugout but we could walk right up to the Northeastern team. Ethan liked getting so close to the baseball players. He couldn't understand why he couldn't go out on the field which caused a few issues.



This kid is obsessed with water bottles. Any and all water bottles are his...don't you know.



It was a great day and the Red Sox beat Northeastern University 14-0. We hit one more major milestone while we were at the game...Ethan had his first ice cream headache! It was so sad actually. We got a soft serve towards the end of the game and he was loving it! We were out of the stands and he looked like such an all american kid that random old people were taking his picture. That part was kind of weird, but I decided to take my own picture of him all sticky'd up. I turned to get my camera and when I turned back he had this look on his face like "oh my god...what is happening to me" and then he burst into tears! It was so saCheck Spellingd and I just kept telling him that it would pass. It did, he recovered, and then he wanted some more.
Next post...Sarasota Jungle Gardens!





No comments: