Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Beautiful Mother's Day

It took us 3 hours, but we did make it to The Cape for Mother's Day! We knew we were going to pay for leaving at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon, but I really wanted to get down there so that Ethan could have a normal bedtime. He just wasn't himself this week so I wanted to start the weekend off right for him. I'm not sure 3 hours strapped into his carseat...awake...was really the way to do it. He was a pretty decent trooper and we made it without a total meltdown!

He was happy to take all of the teddy bears off of Grandma Jan's little bench to make himself right at home.



He was in true monkey man form and devoured bananas all weekend long. Auntie Jamie enjoyed helping him stuff his face.



This was a true bonding moment for E and Josh. After not napping all day, he finally fell asleep in the car on the way to Grandpa Cliff's house for a bbq. He was all out of sorts when we arrived, but he chilled with Josh for a while and then they were best friends the rest of the night.



Hey look...a nice picture of us!



Ethan loves to carry bags around. And suck on his finger of course. That thing is never far from his mouth these days. He is getting one of his top front teeth so we're letting it slide...as if we have a choice!



We are still struggling in the self feeding category as you can see. He pretty definitively said "no" today. That was a first and I'm sure it won't be the last! Can he be at that stage already?





It's amazing how hilarious it can be to roll golf balls down a slide at Grandma's house.



Ethan has some pretty fun new words. As a true member of Red Sox Nation, he now knows how to identify and say Wally. He also loves to call GJ's cat "yeow". Do you think that I was able to catch either of those on camera? Oh no. Mr Talkative clams up whenever mom's got the camera. Here his is saying "ball" (or "bow") pretty clearly when I'm trying to get him to say "Wally".





This is the bench that was by the tent on our wedding day so it felt special to sit the little man down where Steve and I sat as very newlyweds. I like how I captured Serious Ethan and Silly Ethan!





It was a really beautiful day and a friend and family filled weekend. It was nice to have Ethan healthy, even if we had to have Steve unhealthy. He spent most of the weekend feeling really bad...I'll spare you the details.

I have to say that I am one lucky woman. Nothing could have prepared me for how much I love being a mom to this little munchkin. This weekend really made me realize how much I love that but also how much I love being a wife, sister, daughter and friend. I have a lot of wonderful people in my life that make me feel special every day. To all of the mom's, grandmom's, and great grandmom's who read this...THANK YOU!!!

No comments: