Friday, July 12, 2013

Marvelous May

This is Ethan's response to the question "If I had $100 I would....".  His class was doing a lot of these towards the end of the year and it was fun to see what all of the different kids would do!  We were not terribly shocked by Ethan's plans.  Notice the backwards "z" on Schoenholtz.  It has really been frustrating our little big man!  You don't get to practice that letter very much.  Unless you're a Schoenholtz...or a Bartz for that matter!

May 8th was Ethan's spring concert.  He was so excited to have us come to his school!  They'd been practicing for weeks but he wasn't allowed to tell us anything about it.  It is truly amazing to participate in these school events.  Watching all of those little faces anxiously searching the crowd for their parents and the smiles when they find them.  It's incredibly heartwarming.  I think you can see the pride on Mr. B's face even though we were pretty far away.

It was a heartwarming concert with lots of patriotic songs and a year end slide show.  On the way out of the auditorium/cafeteria, Ethan stepped out of line to wrap Steve and I in a big hug!  It was the best way to start our day as we said goodbye and headed into the office. 

Suzanne outfitted all the boys with matching boxer shorts!  Jacob's are just regular shorts and he loves them.  Ethan tries to wear them as shorts, but they're just a bit too small for that....to his dismay.

This one just cracked us up!  If he found a pot of gold, Ethan would "buy a lot of Lego sets and some of the toys for Jacob".  I love how menacing Jacob looks under the table and that Ethan is sad because Jacob has either taken some Lego's or broken what Ethan was working on.  Art imitating life.  Classic.

Jacob and my mothers day present!  The seed sprouted and is growing in the kitchen but no flowers yet.


Playing Jump the River at the playground!

There is that adorable face with the ever present shmutz.

I was so excited to buy a whole new set of dishes!  The first dinner we had on them was chicken mole...yum!

With May came potty training and we went all in with underpants. We do have the little man in diapers for nap and overnight but in the beginning he insisted on wearing his underpants over his diaper.  I am happy to say that as I type it is 2 months later and he is fully trained and has been for weeks!

Just a couple of dudes hanging out.

Jacob and I lunching with his first poop on the potty present.  I blew his mind by taking him to Toys R Us and letting him choose his own prize.  It is a pretty cool fire truck.

Still not so much into puzzles.

Best.  Outfit.  Ever.

May 26th was Michael Lewis's 8th birthday and we were there with The Lovell's!  Jacob and Molly were digging the bouncy house after some pool time.  It was freezing cold!  I was standing on the top step in jeans and a fleece jacket while the kids were in the (heated) pool.

We brought over our fire pit and Matt was determined to burn every piece of left over wood in his shed.  Noticed the scorched ground underneath...he pushed it beyond it's limit!

If at first the ax doesn't break up the pallet...

you can always try a circular saw.  There may have been alcohol involved.  We were laughing so hard at him and making up headlines about "what could possibly go wrong?".  At the end of the night, Matt and I had a dance off with Just Dance for Xbox Connect (?).  It was so cool!  He beat me fair and square (although it was my first time) but it was really, really fun.  I want one now.

No comments: