Monday, August 27, 2012

Piggy Trot Weekend

May 19th, the boys and I headed to the Cape for the Annual Piggy Trot. It's a race in honor of Glenna Kohl who was a Barnstable life guard who lost her life to Melanoma at age 26. I've been trying to get more involved with Melanoma causes and this was a wonderful event in which to participate.
The night before the race, mom and I took the boys to Dowses for what I was sure was one of many nights spent there this summer but it was really only the first of 2!  It makes me sad, but this was one heck of a busy summer so I can't really complain.

One of Ethan's favorite things to do at Grandma Jan's is play sword fighting on the Wii.  Jacob likes to get in on the action by shaking a plastic whale at the tv.  He's totally playing you know.

Stacey (the friend that introduced me to the cause) and Jenn were also running.

Jamie was there too!

Grandma Jan came along to push Ethan along the course.  He was way, way too big for that stroller but I thought 3.7 miles would be a bit much for him!

However, he was so excited to be set free from the stroller and run the last part of the race!  If only I'd had him wear sneakers...

He was so excited.  He is pretty sure he finished third.

Me with my little guys at the end of the race.  I pushed Jacob the whole way which was huge!  I had been sick all week (stomach bug AND strep throat...it was awful) so I wasn't sure how I'd do.  It was a beautiful day and a beautiful course and I felt good, strong and healthy.  :)

No comments: