Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Around the house in January

"Happy Ethan"

How much banana can this kid stuff in his mouth at one time??

I totally get why social workers use dolls to help kids talk about their feelings.  It's amazing how much we can learn about Ethan through George.  This was right after one of the times that Ethan was sick and he had to spend a lot of time taking care of George.

In the meantime, Jacob was chewing on a drill (a play one of course!).

On the 23rd we made it over to the Krangle's for a playdate!  It had been a long time since we were all together.  Owen had just turned 1.  These guys did pretty well playing together...

Silly big kids

We kept Ethan's gingerbread masterpiece around until late January.  We were proud of his efforts with Grandma Jan and Chris!

I couldn't tell exactly what Jacob was into while I was doing the dishes but it was occupying him so I let it go.  He had gotten into my diaper bag and taken out every single wipe from an almost new pack!

I retaliated by dressing him up in my apron.

After hearing that Katie K had started doing dishes at her house, we decided to give it a go with Ethan.  He did an impressively good job and seems to actually enjoy it.  It does help that we pay him for his efforts, but he offers to do them a lot these days.  Jacob was quite distraught that he was not allowed to stand on a chair and couldn't see what his big brother was up to.

Don't we all hate getting wet when doing the dishes? 

An extremely rare, extremely short moment of peace.

Jacob is so underfoot these days that I spilled my wine on his face one night!

Just a happy little kid!

No comments: