Sunday, May 17, 2009

E's first hike

We were inspired by The Krangle's to see how Ethan would do on a hike under his own power. Last weekend we took him to Harold Parker State Park to give it a shot. He got to pick which way he went but he got distracted a lot and we only got him to keep moving by telling him we were looking for a bridge. There really was a bridge, but it was farther than I remembered.





He was cracking himself up by hiking his shorts up! It was pretty funny.



We weren't even half way around the pond when we had to stop for snack and E went into the backpack...under protest. He insisted I carry him and then wouldn't let me keep a ponytail in my hair. He kept pulling out the elastic. Needless to say I was sweaty and gorgeous at the end of this one!



This was a big mommy moment for me. Under normal "Carrie" circumstances, any sight of a snake would have sent me running from the scene. That was, in fact, how I started to react but Steve stopped and I thought that Ethan should see it and not be afraid of it so I went back to see it too. I am still not a fan, but I was proud of myself for hanging in there for E.



Ethan has been a big fan of losing either his shirt or his pants through the course of the day. He was looking so manly in his Thomas belt that I had to get a picture. As usual, he refused to look at the camera so Steve told him he saw Santa Claus out the window. We're such bad (but effective!) parents sometimes!

No comments: